Since my commute to this really shitty school to learn how to teach summer school kids who do not want to be there now has me waking up at 5AM. I am seeing more weird things more than ever, when ever I try to pay attention and not dead tired from my 5 hours of sleep of course.
On the way to my destination, I over heard this black man on the phone with what sounded to be his current lover. He appeared to be in his late 20's early 30's, dressed in a snapback t-shirt, Nike custom, backpack, white headphones, and skinny camo jeans. The optimism and criticism he displayed unbeknownst to me proved how wise he truly was. Since I sat next to him on the train I turned on my voice recorder while I had my earphones plugged in. The back story I wasn't able to record was how this girl he knew made some poor decisions. She followed this man who was incarcerated and now wants to live on her own and make something new out of herself. Continuing with that, in the clip he speaks to his loved one about applying to jobs, buying and owning an apartment and over all, not to give up.
He went on about how he met her in The Bronx and saw her when he went to take a piss by a tree before they struck up a conversation which is when I assumed their love bloomed the night they met. He said, when I knew you then you wanted to work at that place near the house. You were so determined to do it. And you did it. That shows that you can do what you put your mind to. (She seemed to have second thoughts about a certain job pursuit) But you cant quit. You can never quit. You wanted to move out of The Bronx and moved to Brooklyn. You did it. You can do this too. But you can't ever give up. There is nothing to lose by keep trying and being persistent.
You can listen to it >>>>
Here
No comments:
Post a Comment