Sunday, August 30, 2015

After a few nights of careful consideration.

The road less traveled seems to be the road that is going to be traveled on.

One of my closest friends who has come up from Virginia to stay the weekend had given me the motivational speech I needed. Finally I know to trust in what your mind and heart wants you to do. The friends that you have that love you will support you and help you. Torn between what insight your parents and other family members give you for your own benefit; the divide between practicality and dreams are a tough one. The truth being that those who truly care for you, support you regardless of the road you take. Indecision will only sprawl you to become further more indecisive. I learned you become more subject to advice of others and become subject to judgement in whether or not you take that advice. The result is a catch 22. If you take the advice and it does not pan out. You feel either betrayed or convinced that they gave the wrong advice leading you astray. If you take their advice you can either end up happy or dissatisfied because you still are not accomplishing what your dream is. The only one real thing you can do is listen to yourself despite all advice given. Once you accept the consequences of what you are about to do. You are ready. Likewise to look death in the eye and accept it. Embrace your fate within your leap of faith and make the best of it.

And so I begin....

Film/TV/production.....no more settling to become a  teacher.

The road which is barely a beaten path, a barren sea with no signs of land, the dessert with no water in sight. 

I may not be adequately prepared skillfully or financially. But mentally I am. I have looked death in the eye and accepted my fate. 

The re-admittance into the battle arena of the entertainment job market. No matter how far I run, where I go, it calls out to me. 

Its time to embrace it. 

And you all will be updated, every step of the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment